Every Tuesday evening in February, WAT members are invited to come together and
- learn valuable writing techniques from Tasmanian screenwriters and filmmakers
- work on a story idea or script
- share work with other writers
- meet potential collaborators
We’ll kick off the evening with our mentor providing an outline of how they tackle their craft – whether it’s working on character, story structure or genre, you’ll be provided with a tangible tool to strengthen your story.
An hour of sustained writing provides space for participants to work on their own script or explore the technique just discussed.
In the final half-hour participants will be invited to read an excerpt from their work or discuss their project with the group over a light supper.
Online participation is available via skype for limited numbers.
When: 7.30 - 9.30pm Tuesday Feb 6, 13, 20, 27
Where: Wide Angle @ 6 Washington Street, South Hobart
Cost: Available only to current WAT members - $25 for the month or $10 for casual attendance.
Not a member? Join here!
Session 2 - Feb 13
Focus: How can you communicate key information about your story in the fastest and most entertaining way possible?
Guest Mentor: Claire d'Este
Claire's produced works as screenwriter include:
- Fanshaw and Crudnut - "The Expired Princess", TV episode, 2017
- 7 From Etheria, feature anthology, 2017
- Watch Me, short film, 2016
- A Night Of Horror - Volume 1, feature anthology, 2015
- A Credit To Us All, short film, 2015
- I Am Undone, short film, 2014
- Grillz, short film, 2014
- The Jelly Wrestler, short film, 2013
- Knit One, short film, 2012
- Slashed, short film, 2010
View these films:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/7-from-etheria/id1262354168 - The Jelly Wrestler