WAT production grants provide talented Tasmanians with on-set experience that progress their career, educational and/or creative aspirations. WAT’s production inititiatives are designed to:
- Help participants to realise their career, educational and/or creative endeavours
- Reduce barriers to participation
- Increase production of Tasmanian screen stories thatexpress the stories, talents and perspectives of Tasmanians
- Strengthen practitioner’s skills in financing, working collaboratively, harnessing technology and distribution
In 2021 WAT will offer support to produce a film for the WAT 48 Hours Challenge for teams with a member aged 25 or under.
Access to quality production equipment can make or break a screen project. Teams receive access to the WAT FILM KIT to raise the production values of their screen story WAT will support up to FIVE projects with equipment hire to the value of $750 per project. Selection is at the discretion of WAT’s Executive Director.
- The applicant must be a financial WAT member and primary copyright holder in the film to be produced
- All key creatives must be permanent residents of Tasmania
- The applicant must hold the rights to make the film.
- One team member must be aged 25 or under
- Can ONLY be used to produce an original entry in the 2021 WAT 48 Hours Challenge
- The team must have submitted a registration for the 48 Hours Challenge
IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR A PRODUCTION GRANT:
If approved, a letter of agreement will be signed before equipment is provided that outlines the terms and conditions of the production grant including:
- A copy of the finished film must be submitted by Sept 26
- WAT’s support must be acknowledged in the film credits
- If the film is NOT entered into the Challenge then the applicant may be asked to pay the full value of the hire
- Courier fee is not included in the production grant
Applications to be submitted by email to [email protected]
Applications will be assessed and awarded when received so be sure to get in quick!