1st Assistant Director Andrew Wilson (Relevant Short Films: Coffee Head, Kaleidoscope, Dark Decisions) will lead this 3 hour course, targeted at those wanting to learn the fundamentals of being an Assistant Director.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
It covers the importance of pre-production, the process behind developing a shooting schedule and the challenges of coordinating a film set.
At the end of the course you will come away with a detailed understanding of the following areas:
- Breaking down and scheduling a script
- The complex issues involved in the scheduling of a film
- Role of the 1st AD in relation to the production department, the producer, the director & the crew
- Coordinating a film set - key tasks
- OH&S responsibilities
2nd AD & 3rd AD:
- Production responsibilities - assisting the 1st AD, setting background action - managing cast & crew
TUTOR BIO: ANDREW WILSON
Andrew Wilson has worked for over twenty years in Screen industry on commercials, documentaries, TV Series and feature films in Australia, as a Producer, 1st AD and Location Manager which has provided him with extensive industry experience and professional contacts. Andrew has worked on a great variety of productions, from no to low budget short films, broadcast documentaries and TV Series, 2 feature films and a bag full of high budget TV commercials for local and interstate production companies.