Paul Allen donated 2022-11-21 15:34:47 +1100
THANK YOU for your support for Wide Angle Tasmania!
As a non-government organisation, Wide Angle Tasmania will use your donation to support Tasmanians to tell their stories on screen.
We're incredibly grateful to our major benefactors who have provided the funds Wide Angle Tasmania needs to operate for the last six years. All additional donations are used to fund our slate of projects.
All donations are tax deductible.
Donations by credit card can be made on this page (donations will be processed via Paypal using a credit card or Paypal account). Wide Angle Tasmania will also send you a receipt via email or post.
Donations by direct bank transfer can be made by contacting Wide Angle Tasmania on 6223 8344 or by emailing us at [email protected]
What is WAT (Wide Angle Tasmania)?
Wide Angle Tasmania (WAT) nurtures Tasmanian filmmakers by providing advice, training, equipment and production initiatives. WAT screens films to thousands of Tasmanians and each year showcases Tasmanian stories at festivals across Australia. It’s a one-stop shop for individuals, community groups, Councils, government and businesses needing support for their screen-based projects.
Why do we collect donations?
We know that the fastest way for Tassie filmmakers to succeed is to mix talent with passion, boldness and resources. Wide Angle’s production initiatives have helped Tasmanians create new films – providing hundreds of writers, directors, producers, crew and actors with a pathway to employment and creating their next film. Since 2016 WAT has distributed more than $77,000 from the organisation’s savings to provide small cash budgets to help Tasmanians make their films.
Are donations tax-deductible?
Yes Wide Angle Tasmania is listed on the Register of Cultural Organisations and is eligible to receive tax deductible donations.
How can you help?
- Give a one-off donation online here, by phone (03) 6223 8344, or in person at 6 Washington Street, South Hobart.
- Share your story of the value of WAT’s production initiatives
- Let your networks know that we are raising funds – and ask for their donation
Paul Allen donated 2018-10-03 19:25:56 +1000
Annual membership to WAT connects you with the Tasmanian screen sector and allows you to access a range of benefits:
- receive a 30% discount when you hire production equipment or venue space with WAT
- be part of the WAT crew and/or production company database - a great way to profile your skills, connect with others and gain referrals for work opportunities
- access initiatives and professional development opportunities including workshops and events
- apply for equipment subsidy and sponsorship
- low cost production insurance for eligible projects
- receive an hour-long consultation with the WAT production team
- apply to advertise your project or event through the WAT newsletter
- access WAT Shares, a time bank resource for practitioners to exchange skills
- access to Screen Entrepreneurs, a resource hub focusing on the core entrepreneurial areas of business skills and planning.
Thanks for joining us!Donate
Mech engineer, life student, furniture designer, renovator, artist, autobiographical writer