Standard Mental Health First Aid Scholarship
Those who attended the Mental Health and Wellbeing in the Creative Workforce forum on August 5 or anyone who is a WAT member is eligible to apply for a fee-free place in the Standard mental health first aid course.
The 12-hour Standard Mental Health First Aid course teaches people (18 years and over) how to offer initial support to adults who are developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem, or who are experiencing a mental health crisis, until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves. The course curriculum is evidence-based, as informed by the MHFA guidelines.
Limited scholarships are available and will be awarded at the discretion of Wide Angle Tasmania.
- You must be a current WAT member or have attended the Workshop held Aug 5.
- Email [email protected] indicating your preferred course date and location by 10am, August 12, 2019 and a brief outline of how this training will benefit the creative sector
Course Locations and dates
- Hobart – October 7 & 8
- Launceston - October 1 & 2
- Ulverstone - October 29 & 30
- Hobart - October 31 & November 1
Delivered by OzHelp Tasmania Foundation, the course is subsidised by Worksafe Tasmania & State Growth
Please note this course is not a therapy or support group, rather it is an education course to learn how to give first aid to others.
This Youth Arts Project was assisted through Arts Tasmania and Screen Tasmania by the Minister for the Arts and WorkSafe Tasmania as an initiative of WorkSafe Month in October.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with