Joel Wilson published AFTRS Scholarship - Legal Essentials | Apply by Feb 3 in upcoming events 2019-12-19 10:51:56 +1100
Applications close Feb 3 - click through for the guidelines and application form
Are you an emerging Producer, Director or Screenwriter who needs to get their head around the exciting world of legal agreements, financing and IP? Then this course is for you.
AFTRS (Australian Film and Television Radio School) and Wide Angle Tasmania are offering a scholarship to attend a two day Legal essentials Workshop in Sydney on March 14 and March 15, 2020.
During the two days David Whealy and Elle Curran from DWA Entertainment Lawyers will demystify the essentials, covering the key legal concepts for screen production (film, TV and online). Read more here https://www.aftrs.edu.au/short-course/legal-essentials/
The scholarship includes:
- Free enrolment in the course
- Return flights to Sydney (from Hobart or Launceston) and $200 towards accommodation/transfers/meals.
I’m interested – what do I do now?
- Check out the course description – if you have questions about the course itself, please contact AFTRS
- To discuss the scholarship application and the activities/materials that the successful scholarship recipient would need to agree to, contact Wide Angle Tasmania to discuss
- submit a completed application form, brief bio (no more than 150 words) and CV to email@example.com by Feb 3, 2020
- Please note that an administrative processing fee will be charged for each application. $15 for WAT members. $80 for non-WAT members (this fee includes a 12 month WAT membership)
‘Supported by Screen Tasmania’s Industry Development program’WHENFebruary 03, 2020 at 4pm
The QSC CP8 PA Speaker System is a compact, highly portable speaker set perfect for your next public event. The two speakers are equipped with a highly-efficient, 1000-watt power amplifier, matching transducers and advanced DSP, delivering performance beyond expectations for a loudspeaker of this size. Complete with two stands and a pair of XLR cables, the system is ready to use at the flick of a switch.
- 2x Loudspeakers
- 2x Speaker Stands
- XLR Cables
- Microphone Stand
The individual Speakers and Stands can also be hired separately -
- Speakers - $50 each per day / $75 weekend / $200 week
- Speaker stands - $18 each per day / $27 weekend / $72 week
For more information, check out the QSC website.
Madison tries having a relationship with a shy boy called Mark. Madison finds it frustrating but knows only she can break Mark’s shell.
WRITER/DIRECTOR/PRODUCER: Ellis Swinbourne
DURATION: 6min 36secs
Mark has developed a low self esteem from past experiences of banter in his life. Madison falls for him and tries having a relationship with him. Grace her friend is against her being together because of what Mark used to be before he was shy. This is until Nathan, one of Mark’s friends, tells her about the effects of banter on him and she soon understands that Madison is Mark’s only hope to feel more confident in himself. But Mark doesn’t feel comfortable about putting Madison through the relationship anymore and breaks it off.
End Game Round 3 Showcase, May 10 2019
Are YOU up for the Challenge?
WRITER/DIRECTOR/PRODUCER: Tom Roberts
DURATION: 1min 32secs
Squash was a very popular sport throughout the 70s, 80s and 90s, but in recent years, the sport has lost its popularity due to minimal media attention. This promotional video aims to reintroduce the sport as a fun, yet challenging, addition to your life, outlining the benefits of why you should be playing squash over anything else.
End Game Round 2 Showcase, Feb 2019
Director/Writer/Producer - Tom Roberts
Camera - Stewart Mackay
Sound Recordist - Douglas Armstrong
1st Assistant Camera - Patrick Foster
Production Assistant - Caitlin Purvis
Summer and Dan have been dating online. Tonight, they meet in person and Dan gets more than he bargained for!
DIRECTOR/PRODUCER: Lauren Watson
WRITER: Brian Hopson
DURATION: 9min 30sec
Summer and Dan have been dating online for a few weeks through the dating website ‘InstaDate’. They meet in person for the first time and Dan gets more than he bargained for, but little does Summer know, Dan has a hidden agenda of his own. A humorous, quirky film representing the fears, struggles and uncertainties of dating in 2019.
End Game Round 3 Showcase, May 10 2019
Summer - Lauren Watson
Dan - Adam Ransley
Executive Producer - Emma Wilson
Production Manager/Casting Assistant - Cathy Allen
1st Assistant Director - Ellie Smith
Director of Photography: Aaron Luke Wilson
1st Assistant Camera: Caleb Schenk
Catering: Melissa Watson
Unit Manager: Alanna Rowe
Gaffer/Stills Photographer: Brad Harris
Best Boy: Nat Kerruish
Hair/Makeup: Kaja Piatek
Production Designer: Emily Roberts
Sound Recordist: Lauren Eaton
Editor: Joel Wilson
Composer: Jose M. Guia III
Colour Grading/Sound Design: Michael Gissing
Joel Wilson donated 2019-03-25 10:36:12 +1100
Thanks for booking equipment, tickets or registering for a course with Wide Angle Tasmania. If you'd like to pay online, you can do that here!
Please click the 'other' amount and enter the amount on the invoice. You will be redirected to paypal where you can pay using your credit card or paypal account.
If you already have an invoice number already, please reference that so that we can track your payment.
You will receive a receipt from paypal that the payment has been made. WAT will email you an invoice once we have received confirmation that the funds have been received.
Cheers! Any problems, please contact us on 6223 8344 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgDonate
Joel Wilson donated 2018-02-15 00:37:58 +1100
Annual membership to WAT connects you with the Tasmanian screen sector and allows you to access a range of benefits:
- receive a 30% discount when you hire production equipment or venue space with WAT
- be part of the WAT crew and/or production company database - a great way to profile your skills, connect with others and gain referrals for work opportunities
- access initiatives and professional development opportunities including workshops and events
- apply for equipment subsidy and sponsorship
- low cost production insurance for eligible projects
- receive an hour-long consultation with the WAT production team
- apply to advertise your project or event through the WAT newsletter
- access WAT Shares, a time bank resource for practitioners to exchange skills
- access to Screen Entrepreneurs, a resource hub focusing on the core entrepreneurial areas of business skills and planning.
Thanks for joining us!Donate
Producer, Director, Editor and Drone Pilot located in Hobart. Owner of a small video production business called Ground Crew AudioVisual. Bachelor of Communication Studies majoring in TV and Screen Production (Auckland University of Technology).