Admin Assistant, Wide Angle Tasmania
Wide Angle Tasmania needs an awesome ADMIN ASSISTANT to work with us.
Admin Assistant Role
We're looking for someone who is a team player and will keep our office ticking over - everything from checking out gear to raising an invoice. You will have excellent people and organisational skills for dealing with our members and the broader screen sector. Your responsibilities will include answering the phone and emails, scheduling equipment and facility hires and events, updating our website, databases and preparing newsletters. You'll need to be methodical, have a strong eye for detail and take pride in your work.
Reporting directly to WAT’s Executive Director the Admin Assistant will work closely with the WAT community and with WAT’s Project officer.
The Admin Assistant position is offered as a part time position (up to 22 hours per week over 3 or 4 days) commencing December 2017 for 12 months, with continuation beyond depending on funding. Some flexibility of work hours and out of office hours will be required. The Admin Assistant will work from WAT’s office in Hobart.
An hourly rate of up to $20 per hour depending on experience, plus 9.5% superannuation, 4 weeks annual leave (pro rata) and leave loading.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· Providing accounts support including invoicing and processing payments (MYOB software)
· Respond to general inquiries from screen sector stakeholders
· Co-ordinate the hiring of equipment and facilities
· Assist with event management including venue set-up, marketing (via newsletter, website, social media), managing enrolments and attendees, supporting contract tutors.
· Perform a range of administrative tasks including answering phones & email, collecting mail, processing membership subscriptions, distributing meeting papers and minuting meetings, ensuring the office is clean and tidy and well-stocked.
· Provide other administrative services to the Executive Director as required
· Great verbal and written communication skills;
· The ability to work with teams and independently
· Familiarity with MYOB or willingness to learn quickly
· Well organised, with an eye for detail
· Interest in the screen, arts or not-for-profit sector
How to apply
Enquiries regarding the position can be directed to Abi Binning, WAT’s Executive Director – phone 6223 8344 or email [email protected]. Your application for the role of Admin Assistant should include:
- Cover letter stating your interest and responding to the Selection Criteria (max. 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including contact details, experience, education, and two referees
Applications must be received by 5pm Wednesday November 15 by email to [email protected] Shortlisted applicants may be invited to attend an interview.
About Wide Angle Tasmania
Established in 2005, Wide Angle Tasmania is the state’s independent screen resource organisation. It is a not-for-profit organisation that nurtures local talent by providing advice, training, access to film production equipment and production initiatives. Wide Angle Tasmania also offers Tasmanian audiences a diverse programme of screenings.
To encourage, develop and support Tasmanian screen practitioners.
Collaborating with our members, other organisations, individuals and governments, WAT will:
- Take a leadership role in developing Tasmanian screen practitioners
- Provide opportunities and resources to support production of local screen stories
- Strengthen the community of screen practitioners who work across the commercial, community and arts sectors in Tasmania
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to engaging and inspiring audiences
- Be a dynamic, responsible and highly effective organisation
A vibrant, diverse and renewable Tasmanian screen culture. Such a culture will be characterized by:
- Production of screen work that explores and expresses the stories, ideas and perspectives of Tasmanians
- Tasmanian screen productions that embrace diverse subjects, employ a variety of genres, styles, technologies, platforms and serve a range of purposes
- A Tasmanian screen community that is regularly replenished by the inclusion of new practitioners, new ideas and new approaches to production
The values that guide our work include:
- Resourcefulness: making intelligent and creative use of limited resources
- Openness: being receptive to new and diverse ideas and approaches
- Community: sharing skills, talents, ideas and resources to support the work of others
- Accountability: taking responsibility for our actions and their outcomes
You can view a copy of Wide Angle Tasmania’s 2017-2019 Strategic Plan online at: www.wideangle.org.au/about