Helen Hortle donated 2018-04-08 14:28:39 +1000
Annual membership to WAT connects you with the Tasmanian screen sector and allows you to access a range of benefits:
- receive a 30% discount when you hire production equipment or venue space with WAT
- be part of the WAT crew and/or production company database - a great way to profile your skills, connect with others and gain referrals for work opportunities
- access initiatives and professional development opportunities including workshops and events
- apply for equipment subsidy and sponsorship
- low cost production insurance for eligible projects
- receive an hour-long consultation with the WAT production team
- apply to advertise your project or event through the WAT newsletter
- access WAT Shares, a time bank resource for practitioners to exchange skills
- access to Screen Entrepreneurs, a resource hub focusing on the core entrepreneurial areas of business skills and planning.
Thanks for joining us!Donate
Helen Hortle - Treasurer
Helen was introduced to A Fairer World in 1999 after returning to Tasmania from volunteering in Tonga. Her experience overseas brought her to a belief that global education in first world countries is crucial to overcoming poverty and other forms of injustice – global and local. Helen particularly appreciates the balance achieved by A Fairer World between strong ideals and practical projects – a perfect example of “think global, act local”. Helen has been the Coordinator of A Fairer World since 2003. She is a qualified and experienced accountant, teacher (further education) and social scientist (Master of Social Science in International Development).