Applications close Feb 3 - click through for the guidelines and application form
Tasmanian sole-traders, partnerships and companies are invited to apply for support for their screen business in 2020.
With support from Screen Tasmania, Wide Angle Tasmania is partnering with creative+business to provide four businesses with a 6 month programme of business mentorship valued at $960+GST.
The GROW program is a series of 6 mentoring meetings designed to help you stay on track and remain focused and accountable as you take your creative business to its next stage. You might be a freelancer ready to solidify the way you work, a partnership looking to act on your plans, or a company ready to hire employees and take on the world. Whichever way you want your creative business to grow, one of creative+business advisors can help you get there.
During the GROW program, you can expect to:
- Establish your goals in the first session, and identify what you would like to achieve from the whole program;
- Create a strategy to help you get what you want from your creative business – if you’re prepared to work for it;
- Create an Action Plan with your advisor, practical ‘homework’ that you can work on between sessions;
- Discuss previous homework to see how you’re progressing, and get any help you need;
- Receive a follow-up email from your advisor with more helpful resources or your Action Plan.
The GROW program requires an ongoing commitment but it can deliver some fantastic results for anyone who is serious about their creative business life. The pace of the program is tailored to each person – you’ll never be rushed, but you will be pushed if that’s what you want.
- Each session lasts 1 hour, either in person, over the phone or via Zoom.
- You will meet with your advisor every 3-6 weeks, depending on your goals and Action Plan.
- All sessions are 100% confidential.
This program includes your confidential mentoring sessions, help with your Action Plan, your email follow-up and a tailored selection of resources to help you achieve your next steps.
Am I eligible?
This opportunity is available to businesses registered in Tasmania. One of the places is reserved for a new business, the other places will be awarded to businesses who have operated for a year or more. All applications must include the processing fee.
Tell me more about the application processing fee
Payment of administrative processing fee $15 WAT members ($80 non-members which includes membership). If this is a barrier for you to apply please get in touch and we can look at alternatives to cash payments.
What other costs are there?
No other costs are charged for the successful recipients
How will you decide who receives the scholarship?
Wide Angle Tasmania’s Executive Director will make a decision based on the applications that are received. All applicants will be notified within 7 days of the closing date of the outcome. One place will be reserved for start-up/newly established business, the other places are for those who have been operating for some time.
I’m interested – what do I do now?
- Read more about the program and mentors here https://www.creativeplusbusiness.com/advice/grow-program/
- contact Wide Angle Tasmania for more information on 6223 8344
- submit a completed application form along with the application processing fee by February 3, 2020 to [email protected]
‘Supported by Screen Tasmania’s Industry Development program’