Mark Thomson donated 2020-03-06 17:36:32 +1100
Thanks for thinking about donating to Wide Angle Tasmania!
As a non-government organisation, your donation will be used to support Tasmanians to tell their stories on screen.
We're incredibly grateful to our major benefactors who provide the funds WAT needs to operate. Additional donations are used for our slate of projects.
All donations are tax deductible.
Donations by credit card can be made on this page (donations will be processed via paypal using a credit card or paypal account). WAT will also send you a receipt via email or post.
Donations by cheque or direct bank transfer can be made by contacting WAT on 6223 8344 or by email email@example.com
We are currently raising funds for Audacity Fund 2020. Read here about the audacious films that were supported through the Audacity fund in 2016.
Wide Angle Tasmania’s Audacity Fund 2020
Here’s an opportunity to help Tasmanians with something to say. Contributing to Wide Angle’s Audacity Fundwill give talented Tasmanian filmmakers an important break. And it will help Wide Angle Tasmania to continue building the skills and experience of many more Tasmanians wanting to work in film, television and on-line production.
What is WAT (Wide Angle Tasmania)?
Wide Angle Tasmania (WAT) nurtures Tasmanian filmmakers by providing advice, training, equipment and production initiatives. WAT screens films to thousands of Tasmanians and each year showcases Tasmanian stories at festivals across Australia. It’s a one-stop shop for individuals, community groups, Councils, government and businesses needing support for their screen-based projects.
Why are we collecting funds?
We know that the fastest way for Tassie filmmakers to succeed is to mix talent with passion, boldness and resources. Wide Angle’s production initiatives have helped Tasmanians create new films – providing hundreds of writers, directors, producers, crew and actors with a pathway to employment and creating their next film. Since 2016 WAT has distributed more than $77,000 from the organisation’s savings to provide small cash budgets to help Tasmanians make their films. Those savings are limited and we’re now asking if you can help to support filmmakers to create in 2020.
How will the funds be used?
In 2016 the $23,000 from the Audacity Fund helped seven teams to create bold and bolshy screen works. We are now looking to raise $20,000 in 2020. Once the funds are secured, Tasmanians will pitch to our screen community who will vote for the projects that most excite them. Then a community panel will decide which projects receive cash budgets, equipment hire, insurances and/or in-house mentorship.
Are donations tax-deductible?
Yes WAT is listed on the Register of Cultural Organisations and is eligible to receive tax deductible donations.
How can you help?
- Give a one-off donation online here, by phone 036223 8344 or in person at 6 Washington Street, South Hobart.
- Share your story of the value of WAT’s production initiatives
- Let your networks know that we are raising funds – and ask for their donation
Massive Thanks to our generous supporters so far!
Tas Casting (Lisa Gormley and Aeshlie Wheeler)
Andy Del Vecchio
Mark Thomson donated 2018-08-30 19:19:10 +1000
Annual membership to WAT connects you with the Tasmanian screen sector and allows you to access a range of benefits:
- receive a 30% discount when you hire production equipment or venue space with WAT
- be part of the WAT crew and/or production company database - a great way to profile your skills, connect with others and gain referrals for work opportunities
- access initiatives and professional development opportunities including workshops and events
- apply for equipment subsidy and sponsorship
- low cost production insurance for eligible projects
- receive an hour-long consultation with the WAT production team
- apply to advertise your project or event through the WAT newsletter
- access WAT Shares, a time bank resource for practitioners to exchange skills
- access to Screen Entrepreneurs, a resource hub focusing on the core entrepreneurial areas of business skills and planning.
Thanks for joining us!Donate
Mark Thomson donated 2020-02-29 23:32:52 +1100
Thanks for booking equipment, tickets or registering for a course with Wide Angle Tasmania. If you'd like to pay online, you can do that here!
Please click the 'other' amount and enter the amount on the invoice. You will be redirected to paypal where you can pay using your credit card or paypal account.
If you already have an invoice number already, please reference that so that we can track your payment.
You will receive a receipt from paypal that the payment has been made. WAT will email you an invoice once we have received confirmation that the funds have been received.
Cheers! Any problems, please contact us on 6223 8344 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgDonate