Graeme Richardson donated 2021-10-25 07:23:24 +1100
Annual membership to WAT connects you with the Tasmanian screen sector and allows you to access a range of benefits:
- receive a 30% discount when you hire production equipment or venue space with WAT
- be part of the WAT crew and/or production company database - a great way to profile your skills, connect with others and gain referrals for work opportunities
- access initiatives and professional development opportunities including workshops and events
- apply for equipment subsidy and sponsorship
- low cost production insurance for eligible projects
- receive an hour-long consultation with the WAT production team
- apply to advertise your project or event through the WAT newsletter
- access WAT Shares, a time bank resource for practitioners to exchange skills
- access to Screen Entrepreneurs, a resource hub focusing on the core entrepreneurial areas of business skills and planning.
Thanks for joining us!Donate
Keep an eye on the newsletter for future opportunities.
Wide Angle membership means you can join our Writers Group for free. In 2021 Writers Group met weekly at 6 Washington St, South Hobart and for those outside Hobart, by video-conference. Writers Group was coordinated by ex-movie studio creative executive, Robert Watson. Ask any film question you like – and we'd discuss it.
Whether you are new to filmmaking, a bookworm who wonders how novels are turned into screenplays, a filmmaker with an untamed film script, a history/society researcher, or a pro from any screen field, Writers Group provides a casual social setting to increase your screenwriting knowledge and skills, shoot the breeze – and meet other film people. You can come to explore film theory, research, or practise screenwriting skills that improve (or kick-start) your own project. Perhaps you have only an idea, or you are stuck with a project in any format or genre. Bring your laptop or tablet if you plan to use this time to write. It is your choice to discuss your project or keep your writing entirely confidential.
This is a good way to meet others or achieve a creative goal. Enjoy the discipline of casual regular meetings with good creative energy. Your Writers Group coordinator Robert Watson is an ex-university screenwriting lecturer, has held elder permission for Aboriginal projects, has worked in Asia, the U.S. and Europe and is a qualified Early Childhood teacher. He comes from Ian Robinson's Melbourne writers group that first introduced Hero/Heroine Journey theory and other screen analysis skills to Australian writers.
In 2021 our ‘cafe society’ Writers Group met every Monday between 1pm and 2.30pm for 6 weeks. Members were invited to meet regularly or drop-in when free.
When: Future events to be advised.
Where: 6 Washington Street, South Hobart OR by video conference for those outside Hobart
Cost: free for WAT members
Give us a call on 6223 8344 or text 0478 150 206 to check your membership status or join WAT online here.
*covid considerations* Our sessions will be held in a large room and in-person attendance is encouraged for those who are double-vaccinated and healthy. If you are unwell or unvaccinated please join our group by video-conference.Sign up
If you're interested in making and watching screen stories, subscribe to our free monthly newsletter by entering your details below. We'll email you the WAT newsletter at the start of each month.
Previous newsletters can be found here: