Wide Angle Tasmania provides a range of training courses, workshops, seminars and masterclasses designed to assist you enter the screen industry, extend your skills or consolidate your practice. We also provide information here about workshops, masterclasses and courses that may be of interest to those wanting to improve their craft and business skills in the screen sector.
Free online courses from Columbia University
How do you create realistic animations? It’s key to the success of animated films to insure audiences believe in characters.
This course will show you how to create lifelike animations focusing on the technical aspects of CGI animation and also give you a glimpse into how studios approach the art of physically-based animation.
What you'll learn
- To code your own physics simulator to master the fundamental algorithms for creating lifelike animations clothing, hair, liquids, rigid bodies and more!
- Temporal integration of the equations of motion
- Formulation of mathematical models for mechanical systems
- Numerical methods for treating contact and impact
- Lagrangian and Eulerian representations of continua control of physical models
For more information click here
To enrol click here
8-10 hours per week